Renting a Poorly Maintained Council or Housing Association Property?

You have a Legal Right to live in a safe and repair-free home. Our Housing Disrepair Experts can help you claim Compensation and ensure the repairs are carried out!
Please note: we may be able to help if you were placed in a private property by your council We can assist tenants in England and Wales; 18+ Age

This is a nationwide problem…

Over 11,000 have claimed
for housing disrepair in 2016

Get in contact with one of our Claim Experts

Complete our online form and answer a few simple questions and one of our claim experts will contact you to get started.


Complete a Photo or Home Survey Assessment

We will arrange for a free, professional home survey to be carried out which will help to assess the potential value of your claim.


Discuss your Claim with one of our Experts

One of our Claim Experts will contact you and if we can help you then we will pass your claim to one of our established law firms.

What Can I Claim For?

  • Any Disrepair that has caused ill health to you or your family
  • Damp or Mould that is not caused by condensation
  • Broken/Faulty Boilers or Central Heating Systems
  • Leaking Roofs or Gutters
  • Broken/Rotten Windows or Doors
  • Broken Appliances such as Ovens, Hobs
  • Damaged/Defective Electrics, Lights or Sockets 

Damp/Damaged/Rotten Carpets or Flooring

Who Can I Claim Against?

You can make a claim against any council or housing association landlord in England and Wales. As a tenant of a residential property whether it is a house or a flat, you have certain rights. One of those rights is that the Council or Housing Association have a legal obligation to keep your home safe and in a reasonable state of repair. 

The Council or Housing Association have a duty to ensure that any defects that you reported to them are repaired in a timely manner. If they do not do that then Tenant Disrepair Helpline can help you claim compensation. 

Please note, unfortunately, we’re not able to help you if you are a tenant renting from a private landlord.

This is a nationwide problem…

Over 11,000 have claimed
for housing disrepair in 2016